Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Capping some of the Sharper Teeth

Very important to remember, monsters make up the primary goodly races aside humans in Foranworld.  They won't function well in a mutually-beneficial society if they're always sucking maidens dry or carrying off children to eat them in the woods.  I also don't want that dramaticly overplayed concept of the moral character struggling against the curse of his being that endangers the people around him.  No effeminate melancholy vampires who have to control themselves everytime a pretty girl exposes her neck.

So here's what I'm going to do: take away the killing urge and its source.  For vampires it is the need to feed on blood.  For werewolves it is the need to kill and eat, for golems maybe the fear of torches that makes them cave heads as an instinctive reaction.  I'm getting rid of those uncontrollable urges that are a detriment to nearby humans.  Vampires don't thirst for blood (they can still feed, but it's a choice, not a need), werewolves still eat meat, but they don't tear your limbs off if you don't have it coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment